Snowdonia - Things to See & Do
If you want to explore our high mountains, swim in crystal rivers, laze on our sandy beaches or dive into our ancient past…..or zip down a wire at 100 mph…or learn to surf at Surf Snowdonia…or ride our little steam trains…or venture underground…
There is a so much you can see and do here in Snowdonia’s Mountains and Coasts that sometimes it can be difficult to decide.
We have listed below some links to some activities and attractions, and some popular places to eat, which we hope you will find useful. Below that there will be Tourist Information Map to follow which will provide even more things to see and do here in North Wales.
Betws y Coed - “Gateway to Snowdonia” / “Porth Eryri”
images used on this page are © Crown copyright (2014) Visit Wales
- Seren Ventures OutdoorAdventure, Outdoor Skills and Guided Walks
- Anelu Aim Higher Mountain skills and guided hill walks
- Go Below Underground adventure and challenge
- Zipworld Europe's longest zipwire, Bounce Below and more
- Antur Stiniog Downhill Mountain-Biking and more
- Surf Snowdonia The World's first public inland "Wave Garden"
- Beics Betws Mountain Bike hire and advice here in the village
- Beics Brenin Mountain Bike Trail Centre at Coed y Brenin
- GYG Karting Karting race track and centre
Little Welsh Railways
- Snowdon Mountain Railway
- Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways
- Llanberis Lake Railway
- Talyllyn Railway
- Bala Lake Railway
Castles and ancient sites
- Cadw For our Castles and other ancient sites (including Caernarfon, Conwy, Harlech, Dolwyddelan ...)
- National Trust Wales Bodnant Gardens, Penrhyn Castle, Ty Mawr Wybrnant...
- Gwydir Castle One of Wales' finest Tudor houses
- Bistro Betws-y-Coed Eating out in Betws-y-Coed
- Olif Eating out - "Welsh Tapas" restaurant
- Hangin' Pizzeria Eating out in Betws-y-Coed
- Royal Oak Hotel - Grill Room Eating out in Betws-y-Coed
- Y Stablau / The Stables Bistro Bar Eating out in Betws-y-Coed
- Ty Gwyn Coaching Inn Eating out in Betws-y-Coed
- The Snowdonia Society working to protect Snowdonia
- Visit Snowdonia ....even more information !