Welcome back to The Ferns
We want you to have a great time during your stay with us in Betws-y-Coed, Gateway to Snowdonia.
We also want you to be safe in the current “new normal” COVID-19 world that we find ourselves in, so we’ve put together this digital guest information, which we hope you will find useful.
If you need to contact us please:
call 01690 710587, (mobile) 07854186429
Sarah and Mark
- We are re-opening from 18th July, subject to Welsh Government direction and guidance. If you have a booking with us, we will be in touch soon.
- Re-opening will be carried out in strict adherence to current safety guidelines as they are issued and as they will likely change over time.
- Measures will include enhanced cleaning of your room before your stay and regular communal area cleaning of “touch-points” (banisters, door handles, chairs etc.).
- Hand-sanitiser stations are located at the entrance to The Ferns and at Reception – we would encourage you to use these please.
- Please practice social distancing of 2m when moving around the guesthouse. Allow time and space for other guests’ movements.
- If, during your stay, you develop suspected COVID-19 symptoms or have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test & Trace you are advised to check out (by phone/text) and return home to self-isolate according to current government guidance.
- If you develop acute symptoms, use NHS 111 online, or for any medical emergency call 999.
Our Wi-Fi is free to all of our guests (access code available on arrival).
Whilst we would love to serve you our full breakfast in our Breakfast Room, we are unable to at this time.
Therefore, we are currently offering our guests a continental breakfast delivered to your room from 0800 to 0900 hrs. (Consisting of fresh orange juice, locally baked danish pastry, local bara brith, granola pot, fresh fruit and tea or coffee). Please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements.
Alternatively, guests are welcome to book with us on a “room-only” basis if you prefer.
Our guest lounge will be available as a “social distancing sanctuary” to enable guests more space to move about the guesthouse safely (remember to use the 2m rule).
- You can access both Television and Radio via your TV.
- To switch on – Press the ‘POWER’ button on the remote and TV will power up within 5 seconds.
- On some remotes you can toggle between TV and Radio by pressing the ‘TV/RAD’ button. Alternatively, radio channels can be found by entering 700, 701, 702, etc.
The cold water tap in your room provides mains water which is safe to drink. Very occasionally the tap water may appear slightly discoloured; the water is usually still safe to drink, but please check with us if you’re not sure.
- In this new COVID-19 time, we will not routinely service your room during your stay.
- We will change your bed-linen and towels periodically for stays of 4 nights or more.
- Please leave used trays, crockery etc., outside your room for collection.
- Please leave any bagged waste, tied, and left outside room for collection.
- Please call us if you require any supplies re-stocking.
We can be contacted by texting or calling:
Please call for any overnight emergencies.
You are welcome to use our off-street car parking, but we accept no liability to vehicles or contents whilst on our property. Parking is limited and you may get BLOCKED IN. Drivers wishing to use their vehicles later in the evening or leave before 9:30am, please park on the road as we cannot disturb guests whilst eating breakfast. Please do not leave your vehicles in the car park after breakfast if you are obstructing other vehicles.
- Please remember to hand back you room key and vacate by 10:15 am (place key in the box provided at Reception)
- Wherever possible, guests will settle their accounts using contactless methods or by Chip and PIN card payment.
- If you wish to leave early in the morning, you are welcome to check out the night before.
- It is against the law to smoke anywhere in guest rooms or the rest of the house. We do not permit smoking out of our bedroom windows, anyone found doing so will be asked to settle their account in full and leave immediately.
- Due to our sensitive smoke detection system, electronic cigarettes (“vaping”) is not permitted inside the building.
During this current situation we are not providing this facility. Sorry.
Please be considerate to your neighbours in other rooms:
- Remember to use social distancing and hand-hygene at all times.
- Doors are spring loaded fire doors, please try not to let them slam shut.
- Please keep your TV volume to a minimum.
- Please do not make excessive noise on the stairs.
- If using the lounge at night to meet with friends (observing the 2m rule!), please remember there may be guests above you trying to sleep.
- It is likely that local cafes and restaurants will only be serving take-away food during your stay with us.
- We are sure that you will want to enjoy these meals outdoors if the weather is fine. But in this current “new-normal”, guests are welcome to bring take-away food to their rooms to eat should the weather not be so kind!
- Crockery and cutlery will be provided.
- Please bag your waste for disposal.
Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.
Sarah & Mark