Welcome back to The Ferns
We want you to have a great time during your stay with us in Betws-y-Coed, Gateway to Snowdonia.
We also want you to be protected in the current “new normal” COVID-19 world that we find ourselves in, so we’ve put together this digital guest information page, which we hope you will find useful. In it we have included the usual information you may need to know about your stay with us, from checking-in to checking-out, as well as the measures that we have put in place to help protect you and us. We intend to keep this page regularly updated as restrictions and guidelines change over the coming months.
If you need to contact us please:
call 01690 710587, (mobile) 07854186429
Sarah and Mark
- The Ferns Guesthouse re-opened on 18th July, in accordance with Welsh Government direction and guidance. If you have a booking with us, we will be in touch soon.
- Re-opening is being carried out in strict adherence to current safety guidelines as they are issued and as they will likely change over time.
- The safety of everyone staying at The Ferns (both you and us) is paramount and so we will be limiting the number of guests staying with us at any one time, in order to make social distancing easier while you are with us.
- Please practice social distancing of 2m when moving around the guesthouse. Allow time and space for other guests’ movements.
- Hand-sanitiser stations are located at the entrance to The Ferns and at Reception – we would encourage you to use these please.
- Other measures will include enhanced cleaning of your room before your stay and frequent communal area cleaning of “touch-points” (banisters, door handles, chairs etc.).
- If, during your stay, you develop suspected COVID-19 symptoms or have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test & Trace you are kindly advised to check out (by phone/text) and return home to self-isolate according to current Government Guidance.
- If you develop acute symptoms, use NHS 111 online, or, as for any medical emergency, call 999.
Our Wi-Fi is free to all of our guests (access code available on arrival).
We are pleased to announce that we are able to offer our “normal” breakfast, served in our Breakfast Room, albeit socially distanced, from 3rd August. Please see our Breakfast page for more information.
Alternatively, guests are welcome to book with us on a “room-only” basis if preferred.
Our guest lounge will be available as a “social distancing sanctuary” to enable guests more space to move about the guesthouse safely (remember to use the 2m rule).
- You can access both Television and Radio via your TV.
- To switch on – Press the ‘POWER’ button on the remote and TV will power up within 5 seconds.
- On some remotes you can toggle between TV and Radio by pressing the ‘TV/RAD’ button. Alternatively, radio channels can be found by entering 700, 701, 702, etc.
The cold water tap in your room provides mains water which is safe to drink. Very occasionally the tap water may appear slightly discoloured; the water is usually still safe to drink, but please check with us if you’re not sure.
- In this new COVID-19 time, unfortunately we will not routinely service your room during your stay.
- However, we will change your bed-linen and towels periodically for stays of 4 nights or more.
- Please leave used trays, crockery etc., outside your room for collection.
- Please leave any bagged waste, tied, and left outside room for collection.
- Please call us if you require any supplies re-stocking.
We can be contacted by:
- ringing push-button bell at Reception
- Calling 01690 710587
- Texting 07854 186429
Please call for any overnight emergencies.
You are welcome to use our off-street car parking, but we accept no liability to vehicles or contents whilst on our property. Parking is limited and you may get BLOCKED IN. Drivers wishing to use their vehicles later in the evening or leave before 9:30am, please park on the road as we cannot disturb guests whilst eating breakfast. Please do not leave your vehicles in the car park after breakfast if you are obstructing other vehicles.
- Please remember to vacate your room by 10:15 am and leave your room-keys at Reception. Thank you.
- Wherever possible we will attempt to settle your account balance electronically the night before your departure using the card details provided on booking. We will send you an email confirming if this has been successful.
- Alternatively, payment can be made by Debit/Credit card or contactless on the morning of departure. Payment by cash will also be accepted.
- If you wish to leave early in the morning, you are welcome to check out the night before.
- It is against the law to smoke anywhere in guest rooms or the rest of the house. We do not permit smoking out of our bedroom windows, anyone found doing so will be asked to settle their account in full and leave immediately.
- Due to our sensitive smoke detection system, electronic cigarettes (“vaping”) is not permitted inside the building.
During this current situation we are not providing this facility. Sorry.
Please be considerate to your neighbours in other rooms:
- Remember to use 2m social distancing and hand-hygene at all times.
- Doors are spring loaded fire doors, please try not to let them slam shut.
- Please keep your TV volume to a minimum.
- Please do not make excessive noise on the stairs.
- Please bag your waste for disposal and leave outside your room for collection in the morning (please segregate recyclables where possible). Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.
Sarah & Mark