Welcome to The Ferns
We want you to have a great time during your stay with us in Betws-y-Coed, the Gateway to Snowdonia.
We also want you to be as safe as possible in the new COVID-19 world that we find ourselves in, so we’ve put together this digital guest information page, which we hope you will find useful. In it we have included all the usual information you may need for your stay with us, from checking-in to checking-out, as well as measures that we have put in place to help protect you and us as we continue to live with Covid. We intend to keep this page regularly updated as restrictions and guidelines continue to change.
Latest Update: 4th January 2023
If you need to contact us please:
call 01690 710587
Sarah and Mark
Wales has lifted most of its legal Covid-19 restrictions. This means:
- No limit on number of people who can meet indoors
- Face coverings no longer required in shops and on public transport (but still required in NHS clinics etc).
- No legal requirement to self-isolate, but we are strongly advised to do so if we do contract Covid.
- Venues will have to assess risk to ensure staff and visitors are safe.
Having considered the current guidance, including having to carry out a risk assessment of our business as we are still having to live with COVID-19 for the forseeable future, we have decided to continue to operate our guesthouse in a similar way to 2022. This is so we can reduce the risk of COVID-19 spread and that we can continue to keep The Ferns open for business.
So, for our 2023 season:
- We will be limiting the number of guests staying with us at any one time, in order to make social distancing easier while you are with us. Group bookings will be limited to a maximum of 6 people.
- We would ask our guests to respect other guests’ space and practice social distancing when moving around the guesthouse.
- Hand-sanitiser stations are located at the entrance to The Ferns and at Reception – we would encourage you to use these please.
- Guests do not need to wear face coverings during your time with us, but, of course, you are welcome to continue to do so should you wish to.
- Other measures include enhanced cleaning of your room before your stay and frequent communal area cleaning of “touch-points” (banisters, door handles, chairs etc.).
- If, during your stay, you develop suspected COVID-19 symptoms, we would kindly ask you to isolate yourself from other guests and look to check-out at your earliest convenience. Thank you.
- If you develop acute symptoms, use NHS 111 online, or, as for any medical emergency, call 999.
- For details of our cancellation policy during the current COVID-19 situation please see here.
Our Wi-Fi is free to all of our guests (you will find your access code in your room).
Breakfast & Take-away food
We are pleased to be able to offer a socially distanced breakfast, served in our Breakfast Room. Please see our Breakfast page for more information. Alternatively, guests are welcome to book with us on a “room-only” basis if preferred.
Wherever possible, and the weather fine, we would kindly ask our guests to consume their take-aways outdoors. Obviously, this isn’t always possible and guests are welcome to bring their food back to the guesthouse where we can provide a table in our Breakfast Room for you … please just ask us. (We just ask that you hand back the Breakfast Room to us by 9pm, so that we can get it prepared for breakfast!)
You are welcome to relax in our guest lounge, where we have some board-games for those “wetter days”, walking guides and other useful information.
- You can access both Television and Radio via your TV.
- To switch on – Press the ‘POWER’ button on the remote and TV will power up within 5 seconds.
- On some remote controls you can toggle between TV and Radio by pressing the ‘TV/RAD’ button. Alternatively, radio channels can be found by entering 700, 701, 702, etc.
The cold water tap in your room provides mains water which is safe to drink. Very occasionally our mains water in this region may appear slightly discoloured; the water is usually still safe to drink, but please check with us if you’re not sure.
If you find it difficult to fill your water bottle or hydration pouch in your room, then please ask us to fill it for you in our kitchen.
- We will service your room on every other day during your stay with us and your bed linen will be changed at least once during stays of 4 nights or more. (This means that we will not routinely service your room if only staying for two nights).
- We begin housekeeping at 10:00am. If you do not wish your room to be entered, please leave your door sign showing ‘Do Not Disturb’.
- Please just let us know if you require any supplies re-stocking.
We can be contacted by:
- ringing push-button bell at Reception
- Calling 01690 710587
- Texting 07854 186429
Please call for any overnight emergencies.
You are welcome to use our off-street car parking, but we accept no liability to vehicles or contents whilst on our property. Parking is limited and you may get BLOCKED IN. Drivers wishing to use their vehicles later in the evening or leave before 9:30am - please park on the road as we don’t want to disturb guests whilst eating breakfast. Please do not leave your vehicles in the car park after breakfast if you are obstructing other vehicles.
Free street parking is also available nearby.
- Please remember to vacate your room by 10:15 am and leave your room-keys at Reception. Thank you.
- Wherever possible we will try to settle your account balance remotely on the night before your departure, using the card details provided by you on booking. We will send you an email confirming if this has been successful.
- Alternatively, payment can be made by Debit/Credit card or contactless on the morning of departure. Payment by cash will also be accepted.
- If you wish to leave early in the morning, you are welcome to check out the night before.
- It is against the law to smoke anywhere in guest rooms or the rest of the house. We do not permit smoking out of our bedroom windows, anyone found doing so will be asked to settle their account in full and leave immediately.
- Due to our sensitive smoke detection system, electronic cigarettes (“vaping”) is not permitted inside the building.
- A “sand-pot” is available in front of the house for the extinguishing/disposal of cigarette butts when smoking outside.
Iron and Ironing Board
Please ask Sarah or Mark for the board and the iron. In order to minimize fire risk, we ask that the iron is returned to us within one hour of you receiving it.
Please be considerate to your neighbours in other rooms:
- Remember to use social distancing and hand-hygene.
- Doors are spring loaded fire doors, please try not to let them slam shut.
- Please keep your TV volume to a minimum.
- Please do not make excessive noise on the stairs.
- Please bag any waste you want disposing and leave outside your room for collection in the morning (please segregate recyclables where possible). Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.
Sarah & Mark