Snowdonia - Things to See & Do
If you want to explore our high mountains, swim in crystal rivers, laze on our sandy beaches or dive into our ancient past…..or zip down a wire at 100 mph…or learn to surf at Surf Snowdonia…or ride our great little steam trains…or venture underground…
There is a so much you can see and do here in Snowdonia’s Mountains and Coasts that sometimes it can be difficult to decide.
We have listed below some links to some activities and attractions, and some popular places to eat, which we hope you will find useful. Below that there is a map which will hopefully help you locate some of the highlights that you may be looking for here in North Wales.
Betws y Coed - “Gateway to Snowdonia” / “Porth Eryri”
images used on this page are © Crown copyright (2014) Visit Wales
- Seren Ventures Outdoor Adventure, Outdoor Skills and Guided Walks
- Anelu Aim Higher Mountain skills and guided hill walks
- Go Below Underground adventure and challenge
- Zipworld Europe's longest zipwire, Bounce Below, Zipworld forest and more
- Antur Stiniog Downhill Mountain-Biking and more
- Adventure Parc Snowdonia The World's first public inland Surf Lagoon ...and more
- Beics Betws Mountain Bike and e-bike hire and advice here in the village
- Beics Brenin Mountain Bike Trail Centre at Coed y Brenin
- GYG Karting Karting race track and centre
Little Welsh Railways
- Snowdon Mountain Railway The one that goes up Yr Wyddfa (Snowdon)
- Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways Journeys between B. Ffestiniog and Caernarfon
- Llanberis Lake Railway For shorter trips along the shore of Llyn Padarn, at the foot of Snowdon
- Talyllyn Railway "the first preserved railway in the World"
- Bala Lake Railway Runs alongside the beautiful Llyn Tegid (Bala Lake)
Castles and ancient sites
- Cadw Castles and other ancient sites (including Caernarfon, Conwy, Harlech)
- National Trust Wales Bodnant Gardens, Penrhyn Castle, Ty Mawr Wybrnant...
- Gwydir Castle One of Wales' finest Tudor houses
- Visit Snowdonia ....even more information on where to go and what to do!
- Olif Eating out - "Welsh Tapas" restaurant
- Hangin' Pizzeria Eating out in Betws-y-Coed
- Royal Oak Hotel - Grill Room Eating out in Betws-y-Coed
- Y Stablau / The Stables Bistro Bar Eating out in Betws-y-Coed
- Ty Gwyn Coaching Inn Eating out in Betws-y-Coed
- The Snowdonia Society working to protect Snowdonia